Terms & Condition
2. USE: For purposes of this Agreement, "Rediff Pay4Clicks" is the forum where you manage text and image listing banners, hereinafter referred to as listings for display in the Rediff.com website, in connection with page positions you select, or keywords subject to Rediff.com's then current policies and procedures. The Rediff Pay4Clicks listings will be displayed on the Rediff Pay4Clicks Distribution Network, where the "Rediff Pay4Clicks Distribution Network" is defined as the Rediff.com Web sites (as defined below and which includes Rediff.com's branded Web Site at www.rediff.com and various third parties who may be authorized by Rediff.com to make the Rediff Pay4Clicks listings available on designated locations as sponsored links from, an add-on service to, or otherwise in connection with Web sites and/or applications and/or e-mails (such Web sites, applications, or e-mails are a "Third Party Product") that they control. You agree that your listings, including your domain name, may be included in the Rediff.com Marketplace Results and may be made available in connection with the Rediff.com Distribution Network including Third Party Products. You understand that Rediff.com reserves the right to not place your listings, and/or discontinue to place your listings at any time. A listing, for purposes of this Agreement, may include, at Rediff.com's discretion, text and/or graphics, and is subject to Rediff.com's approval and the terms of this Agreement. A listing that appears as part of the Rediff.com Distribution Network may (or may not) include a listing title or listing description. In all cases, information must be submitted in the form requested by Rediff.com. Rediff.com reserves the right to edit, refuse, reject or remove any listing at its discretion at any time.
Rediff Advertising Guidelines
Rediff Pay4Clicks is a tool that enables you to publish your own work. Posting any content (text, audio, video, images, photos, etc.) amounts to publishing and such content that is unlawful, illegal, pornographic, prohibited, derogatory, libelous, indecent, defamatory and which is in violation of intellectual property rights including trademarks and copyrights may attract liability including civil and criminal penalties, injunctive redress or imprisonment under relevant Indian or International laws.
Rediff.com will take all final decisions about the quality of the advertising we accept, both from a legal and company values perspective. We may not accept image and image+text ads from or relating to matrimonial website and matrimonial services. We may not accept text, image and image+text ads or ads containing or relating to certain products or services, like gambling and adult content sites, or those containing inappropriate language.
Rediff.com reserves the right to deny service to you including the right to remove/block the contents posted/uploaded by you, in the event content violates these guidelines
3. PAYMENT: You agree to pay Rediff.com for all charges to your account in Indian rupees, in accordance with this Agreement and the terms of the Programs and/or Payment Plans you select (as such Programs and/or Payment Plans may be updated by Rediff.com from time to time), including, if any, all applicable taxes, in accordance with billing terms in effect at the time the charges become payable.
You understand and agree that as soon as (i) your campaign duration ends, or (ii) your Click Charges equals your specified campaign budget, or (iii) your Click Charges equals your total credit amount with rediff.com, your banners will be removed from the Rediff.com Marketplace. In the event your campaign duration ends before you have received your requisite number of clicks, you may choose to extend your campaign or use your remainder credit amount at a later stage with Rediff Pay4Clicks. Your campaign costs (your budget) must be paid pursuant to the terms of the Payment Plan you select before any of your listings will be made available in the Rediff.com Marketplace Results. If Rediff.com does not receive payment from the provider of your Payment Method, you agree to pay all amounts due on your account upon demand, and Rediff.com further reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account with Rediff.com in such circumstances. Suspension or termination includes but is not limited to, removal of your listings from the Rediff.com Marketplace Results and the Rediff.com Distribution Network. You must submit any claims or disputes you may have with respect to any charge to your account in writing to Rediff.com within 60 days of such charge otherwise such claim or dispute will be waived and such charge will be final and not subject to challenge. In the event of any failure by you to make payment, you will be responsible for all reasonable expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by Rediff.com in collecting such amounts. You represent, warrant and covenant that all information you provide for the purpose of enrolling as an Advertiser will be accurate, complete and current at all times. You agree to promptly update all information to keep your account and Payment Method current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card or debit card number, or expiration date), and to promptly notify Rediff.com if your payment method is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorized disclosure or use of your user name or password. If you fail to provide Rediff.com any of the foregoing information, you agree that Rediff.com may continue charging your account for any use of the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs, and/or the Rediff.com Web Sites unless you have terminated your participation in the Rediff.com Marketplace and/or Programs as set forth herein or in the Program Terms.
4. ACCESS: For purposes of this Agreement, all Web pages that Rediff.com owns, operates or hosts are referred to herein as the "Rediff.com Web Sites." You are authorized to access the Rediff.com Web Sites solely to manage your advertising account(s) and conduct searches for your own personal use. You agree that you will not use the site or any content therein for any other purpose and that you will not disseminate or distribute any of this information. Your right to access your account with Rediff.com is personal to you and non-assignable and is subject to any limits established by Rediff.com. You agree that you will not use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access your account with Rediff.com or to monitor or copy the Rediff.com Web Sites or the content contained therein except those automated means expressly made available by Rediff.com, if any, or authorized in advance and in writing by Rediff.com (for example, Rediff.com approved third party tools and services). Without limitation to the foregoing, you further agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure (as determined by Rediff.com).
5. MINIMUM COST, MINIMUM SPEND: Your banners on the Rediff.com Marketplace are subject to Rediff.com's then current minimum cost requirements.
6. ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS: From time to time, Rediff.com may offer you the opportunity to enroll in additional programs or to purchase additional products and/or services or to receive additional information from Rediff.com (collectively and individually "Programs"). If you enroll in such Programs, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of such Programs (“Program Terms”), including the payment obligations of such programs.
7. PAYMENT PLANS: (a) From time to time, Rediff.com may offer you the opportunity to enroll in a Payment Plan to manage charges to your account. If you enroll in a Payment Plan, you agree to be bound by the terms of that Payment Plan. Under such Payment Plans, if the amount to be charged to your Payment Method varies from the amount that you preauthorized, Rediff.com will provide notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge at least 10 days before the scheduled date of the transaction. Your non-termination or continued use of the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs, and/or the Rediff.com Web Sites reaffirms that Rediff.com is authorized to charge your Payment Method automatically. Rediff.com may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. Rediff.com reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate any Payment Plan and/or your participation therein at any time. If Rediff.com modifies the terms of a Payment Plan, the modified terms of the Payment Plan will be reflected in an updated version of this Agreement posted on the Rediff.com Marketplace or any one of the Rediff.com Web Sites or by e-mail notification to you. If you do not consent to such modified terms, you may elect to discontinue your enrollment in the Payment Plan at any time by providing written notice to Rediff.com before the effective date of such modified terms. Your continued enrollment constitutes your acceptance of the terms of the Payment Plan as modified.
8. ADVERTISER'S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (a) Advertiser Submissions: You represent, warrant, and covenant that your banners, and all information, in the listing itself or through the Web site to which the listing links, (i) does not violate any law or regulation; (ii) does not infringe in any manner any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any third party; (iii) does not breach any duty toward or rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, rights of publicity or privacy, or has not otherwise resulted in any consumer fraud, product liability, tort, breach of contract, injury, damage or harm of any kind to any person or entity; (iv) is not false or misleading; and/or (v) is neither defamatory, libelous, slanderous or threatening.
(b) Accepting Rediff.com Suggestions: From time to time, (or as part of a particular program) Rediff.com may provide suggestions to you for title and/or descriptions or for any other element of a listing but the final decision to authorize any suggestion is yours. Ideas provided by Rediff.com are only suggestions and you are under absolutely no obligation to use such suggestions. It is your responsibility to determine whether such suggestions comply with the requirements of Advertiser Submissions section above. By using a title, description, link and/or listing that may have been suggested by Rediff.com, you represent, warrant, and covenant that such title, description, link and/or listing is in compliance with this Agreement.
(c) Communications: You agree that regardless of where your banners appear in the Rediff.com Distribution Network, you will direct any communication regarding your listings, your account, the Rediff.com Marketplace or the Rediff.com Marketplace Results directly to Rediff.com and not to any other entity in the Rediff.com Distribution Network.
9. YOUR SITE: You hereby acknowledge that Rediff.com is not responsible for the maintenance of your Web site(s) nor is Rediff.com responsible for order entry, payment processing, shipping, cancellations, returns or customer service concerning orders placed on Advertiser's Web site(s). You must update your listings if any information is not a current and accurate description of information available on your Web site, and represent, warrant, and covenant that the Web site to which any listing links will look the same to all end users regardless of the end users' location. You further acknowledge that your site does not contain any Rediff.com owned or licensed content, including but not limited to, any Rediff.com listings, except pursuant to a separate signed affiliate agreement with Rediff.com. You hereby grant Rediff.com the irrevocable right to access, index, cache, and display (in connection with your listings) the Web site(s) to which your listings link, or any portion thereof, including by any automated means including web spiders or crawlers. This grant specifically includes Rediff.com's right to create and display copies of any and all text, graphics, images, audio, video, and all other material included or found on such Web sites or portions thereof, including the right to create and display thumbnail and full-scale copies of any images or video included on or found on such Web sites or portions thereof.
10. CONFIDENTIALITY: "Confidential Information" means any information disclosed to you by Rediff.com, either directly or indirectly, in writing, orally or by inspection of tangible objects, other than information that you can establish (i) was publicly known and made generally available in the public domain prior to the time of disclosure to you by Rediff.com; (ii) becomes publicly known and made generally available after disclosure to you by Rediff.com other than through your action or inaction; or (iii) is in your possession, without confidentiality restrictions, at the time of disclosure by Rediff.com as shown by your files and records immediately prior to the time of disclosure. You shall not at any time (a) disclose, sell, license, transfer or otherwise make available to any person or entity any Confidential Information, (b) use any Confidential Information, or (c) reproduce or otherwise copy any Confidential Information, except as necessary in connection with the purpose for which such Confidential Information is disclosed to you or as required by applicable law. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure and unauthorized use of the Confidential Information. All Confidential Information shall at all times remain Rediff.com's personal property and all documents, electronic media and other tangible items containing or relating to any Confidential Information shall be delivered to Rediff.com immediately upon Rediff.com's request. You may not issue any press release or other public statement regarding this Agreement, Rediff.com, and/or its affiliated companies or subsidiaries without Rediff.com's prior written consent.
11. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: You represent, warrant, and covenant that you have sufficient authority to enter into this Agreement, and that each of your listings meets the standards and requirements of the Advertiser Rights and Responsibilities section above.
12. INDEMNIFICATION: You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rediff.com, its parent, affiliated companies, information providers, licensors, licensees, consultants, contractors, agents, attorneys and employees from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, that may arise from your use of the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs or other Rediff.com Web sites and/or your Web site and/or your breach of the terms of this Agreement, including, without limitation, the breach of any representation or warranty. You agree to be solely responsible for defending any claim, subject to Rediff.com's right to participate with counsel of its own choosing, and for payment of damages or losses resulting from the foregoing to both a third party and Rediff.com, provided that you will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation or liability on Rediff.com without Rediff.com's prior written consent. Rediff.com reserves the right to terminate or suspend the account of any advertiser that may violate any of the terms in this Agreement.
13. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE AND PROGRAMS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, AS WELL AS THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES, ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER REDIFF.COM NOR ANY OF ITS PARENT, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, CONSULTANTS OR CONTRACTORS, OR ENTITIES WITHIN THE REDIFF.COM DISTRIBUTION NETWORK MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES, THE SUCCESS OF YOUR LISTINGS AS MEASURED IN ANY WAY, ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED OR AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH REDIFF.COM, PROGRAMS, THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES OR ANY RESULTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE THEREOF. REDIFF.COM HEREBY DISCLAIMS ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, PARENT, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND ALL INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, CONTRACTORS, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS, ENTITIES WITHIN THE REDIFF.COM DISTRIBUTION NETWORK, ATTORNEYS AND/OR EMPLOYEES OF IT ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (1) ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY OR CONTENT OF THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, OR THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES AND/ OR INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, OR THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES; AND (2) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ANY LIABILITY OF REDIFF.COM, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, ENTITIES WITHIN THE REDIFF.COM DISTRIBUTION NETWORK, ATTORNEYS OR CONTRACTORS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGEDLY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF DELIVERY OF MERCHANDISE, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR UNLAWFUL USE OF RECORDS, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, SHALL BE STRICTLY LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ALREADY PAID BY YOU TO REDIFF.COM PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT IN THE PRIOR SIX MONTH PERIOD. IN NO EVENT SHALL REDIFF.COM, ITS PARENT, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, EMPLOYEES, ENTITIES WITHIN THE REDIFF.COM DISTRIBUTION NETWORK, AGENTS, CONSULTANTS, ATTORNEYS OR CONTRACTORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES, REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE RESULTS AND/OR THE SITES LINKED TO FROM THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE OR FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT HOLD REDIFF.COM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SELECTION OR RETENTION OF, OR ANY ACTS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS BY, ANY THIRD PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, PROGRAMS, THE REDIFF.COM WEB SITES, THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE RESULTS AND/OR SITES LINKED TO FROM THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE WITH WHOM REDIFF.COM CONTRACTS TO OPERATE VARIOUS PORTIONS OF THE REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE AND/OR PROGRAMS AND THOSE TO WHOM REDIFF.COM PROVIDES LINKS TO FOR CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF DATA OR INFORMATION. YOU ARE SOLELY LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM RESULTING FROM YOUR SELECTION OF PAGE POSITION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, REDIFF.COM SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY HEREUNDER BY REASON OF ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS OBLIGATIONS ON ACCOUNT OF STRIKES, SHORTAGES, RIOTS, ACTS OF TERRORISM, INSURRECTION, FIRES, FLOOD, STORM, EXPLOSIONS, EARTHQUAKES, INTERNET OUTAGES, COMPUTER VIRUS, ACTS OF GOD, WAR, GOVERNMENTAL ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE THAT IS BEYOND REDIFF.COM'S REASONABLE CONTROL.
15. CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION: If you are dissatisfied with the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs or with any of the terms and conditions contained therein, your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate your account in writing. You may cancel your participation in the Rediff.com Marketplace and/or Programs at any time. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement to the contrary, Rediff.com may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account, and discontinue your participation in the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs the Rediff.com Marketplace Results or on any Web site or Third Party Product that is part of the Rediff.com Distribution Network. Reasons for Rediff.com's determination to so terminate or discontinue your account or participation as provided for above include, but are not limited to, if Rediff.com believes that you violated this Agreement or other policies or guidelines of Rediff.com or of a Third Party Product (or other member of the Rediff.com Distribution Network) that uses, licenses or distributes the Rediff.com Marketplace or Programs, or if Rediff.com believes your conduct may be harmful to other consumers, advertisers or licensees who participate in (or offer to its users) the Rediff.com Marketplace or Programs. All decisions made by Rediff.com in this matter will be final and neither Rediff.com nor its licensees (or distributors) shall have any liability with respect to such decisions. IMPORTANT: CANCELLATION OR TERMINATION MAY NOT ALWAYS ENTITLE YOU TO A REFUND. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING SECTION ENTITLED "REFUNDS" FOR MORE INFORMATION. Sections 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
16. REFUNDS: If Rediff.com terminates your account or if you decide to terminate your account, and you provide notice to Rediff.com, your account will be deemed terminated when Rediff.com receives such notice. You will only receive a refund for amounts not yet charged to your account, less any debit balances for unpaid charges posted to your account.
17. USE OF REDIFF.COM MARKETPLACE SUBMISSIONS: By submitting material to the Rediff.com Marketplace (including information for a listing) you are irrevocably granting Rediff.com, its licensees, and any entities in the Rediff.com Distribution Network, the right to use all parts of the material, without limitation, including modifying it or using it commercially and authorizing others to do so. Rediff.com reserves the right to edit, refuse, reject or remove any listing at its discretion at any time.
18. NOTICES: Rediff.com may give general notices to you by posting on the Rediff.com Marketplace or www.Rediff.com or any one of Rediff.com's Web sites or, if possible, by electronic mail to the e-mail address provided by you to Rediff.com. It is your responsibility to ensure that your e-mail address and any other contact information you provide to Rediff.com is updated and correct.19. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE
The laws of India shall govern the validity, construction and performance of this Agreement.
20. ELECTRONIC SIGNATURES EFFECTIVE: (a) This Agreement is an electronic contract that sets out the legally binding terms of your use of the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs, and/or the Rediff.com Web Sites. You indicate your acceptance to the terms and conditions contained or referenced herein or in any Programs by clicking on the check box next to the "I Accept the terms and conditions" in connection with your enrollment. This action creates an electronic signature that has the same legal force and effect as a handwritten signature. By clicking on the "I Accept" button, you accept this Agreement and/or any Programs and agree to the terms, conditions and notices contained or referenced therein. When you click on the "I Accept" button during enrollment, you also consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form. You have the right to receive this Agreement in non-electronic form. You may request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement either before or after you electronically sign the Agreement. To receive a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Online Media Sales, Rediff.com India Limited, Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L.J. Road 1 st Cross, Mahim (West), Mumbai – 400 016.
(b) You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
Should you choose to withdraw your consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form, Rediff.com will discontinue your then-current username and password. This means that you will not have the right to use the Rediff.com Marketplace, Programs, and/or the Rediff.com Web Sites unless, and until, we issue you a new username and password. Rediff.com only will issue you a new username and password after we receive a signed copy of a non-electronic version of this Agreement, which we will send to you upon written request.
To withdraw your consent and/or request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement, please send a letter and self-addressed stamped envelope to: Online Media Sales, Rediff.com India Limited, Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L.J. Road 1 st Cross, Mahim (West), Mumbai – 400 016.
Prospective Nature. Your withdrawal of consent shall be effective within a reasonable time after we receive your withdrawal notice described above. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of this Agreement provided to, and electronically signed by you prior to the effective date of your withdrawal.
(c) Access and Retention. In order to access and retain this electronic Agreement, you must have access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must use all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device. Please print a copy of this Agreement for your records. To retain an electronic copy of this Agreement, you may save it into any word processing program. We will notify you of any changes in the hardware or software requirements needed to access and/or retain this Agreement that create a material risk that you will not be able to continue to access and/or retain this electronic Agreement.